Spring break in Iceland! Getting worried about roads-
I'm so excited to come to Iceland next week. I'm trying to be flexible based on the weather, and wondering if I need to alter my plans. I'm renting a regular car, and considering an AWD or 4x4 upgrade, or altering the itinerary.
Day one - Blue lagoon, Hafnafjordur
Day two - attempt to drive to Jokulsarlon, B&B near Vik (okay if we can only make it that far)
Day three - Jokulsarlon if we didn't make it the day before, glacier hike, Hotel Laekur in Hroarslaekur
Day four - Golden circle, Thingvellir, - whatever we can see (though Gulfoss looks like it is not an option right now) - on to Reyjkjavik for the remainder of the trip
Can this be done? Should I reconsider the car situation? I'm definitely hoping to keep my days in the country for many reasons, including a chance at the Northern Lights.
Any help is appreciated. I decided to make my trip more ambitious a few weeks ago when the roads looked better. Now I'm second-guessing. :)