First thing is give you a big thanks to make this blog...it´s very helpful!
We are two spanish guys (from Malaga) that will go to Iceland next November...from 16th to 24th. We´ve got a few doubts about this trip and we hope someone may solve it... :-)
Our plan is coming to Keflavik airport on the 16th about 14:00 , pick the car up and drive towards to the south to Vík í Mirdall, then we wil be in the south for two days and on Friday 18th drive to Reykjavik , where we will be till 21st; day which we will drive to the north (Akureyri), then we will be back on the 23rd to Keflavik, because our flight will be really early in the morning of the 24th (06:30am)
16th : Keflavik - Vik i Mirdall (on the way we will see Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss)
17th : Vík i Mirdall -Jokulsarlon + Diamond beach - Skaftafell + Svartifoss - Vik i Mirdall
18th : Vik i Mirdall -Black beach Reynisfjara -Black beach Dyrholaey- Reykjavik
19th : Reykjavik (Hallgrimskirche - Sólfar - Hofoi) and enjoy the nightlife of Reykjavik ;-)
20th : Reykjavik - Thingvellir - Strokkur Geysir - Gullfoss - Reykjavik) and (again, hahaha) enjoy the nightlife of Reykjavik)
21st : Reykjavik - Akureyri (on the way we will see Kolugljufur canyon , Hvitserkur and Kalfshamarsvik)
22nd : Akureyri -Asbyrgi canyon - Selfoss + Detifoss - Myvatn -Akureyri
23rd : Akureyri - we are thinking maybe in jump into a boat to see whales or maybe an excursion to an ice caves...- Keflavik
24th : Keflavik - Málaga
Our questions are:
1) Do you think that is a right plan or maybe we will be a bit stressed? we do not want to be on the rush...
2) As far as we believe, November is a good moment to see Auroras more or less easily if the day is clear...is that correct?
3) Do you think that to do that trip we need an special car or a basic one as Toyota Yaris or similar is enough?
4) Is common in November snowing? How is the temperature normally in that month?
5) Day light is in that moment normally between 11:00 and 16:00, right? Is it dangerous to drive in the night time...How is the night...pitch black or quite clear?
Thank you very very much just to spend your time reading this text and again and thank you very much for your answer, any advice is really welcome.